Here's why you need to be charging (and charging enough!):
1. Whatever your craft, you've more than likely spent years perfecting it. You've made the mistakes, you've learned from those mistakes. Yes, you want to share it with the world, but not for free. There is no such thing as a free lunch!
2. You would no doubt have spent some money learning the skill in the first place too. You have taken the time to study with interest, you've taken hobby classes or university courses and you may even have a formal qualification. You look up YouTube videos, you read blogs, you listen to podcasts, you follow people in your industry who are leading the way - you invest in the future of your creative pursuit.
3. You're talented, whether you recognise that or not. It's quite likely you have people complimenting you on your craft often. Please, please, please, take this on board and give yourself the credit you deserve.
4. As a wild crazy creative, you're passionate! You just love to create. This kind of passion is special and you've nurtured it.
5. You have a family to feed or bills to pay and you more than likely need an income.
For these reasons, you must not work for free. Please do not work for free.
In my business, I often get people asking me to 'pick my brain'.
With my previous experience of 30 years in the corporate sector, and having run four successful businesses, I have invested in courses, workshops, and extensive coaching, as well as spending hundreds and hundreds of hours listening to podcasts and reading blog posts.
It has taken me three years of incredibly hard work to build my business Upcycled & Co. to the level it is now at. There is so much that I have learned and that is what I'm passionate about sharing with others, but not for free.
I'd love to help you, and you're welcome to pick my brain. So, I've even got the perfect service, a Pick My Bain session.
Let me know your thoughts below...
Until next time,